Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday Quick Hits
I'm inaugurating a new segment on RFTR today. For now, I'm calling it Friday Quick Hits, because that's what came to mind first. If you have any suggestions for a better name, please leave it in the comments below.

Basically, I'm going to collect news and opinion pieces over the course of the week that aren't long enough for a full blog entry, and put them all into one post on Fridays with brief comments. (Since I only decided to do this today, please forgive the brevity. In future weeks, I'll store stuff up all week, and they should be longer.)

Please, let me know what you think, and PLEASE help me come up with a better name for this. Enjoy!

New rule: the punishment should mimic the crime.

I thought the same thing.

A former British official proves that, in addition to corruption, government officials have cornered the market on stupidity.

I voted on one of these just this week. I was also part of a recount that involved them—and walked away perfectly satisfied by their accuracy.

I have a friend who recently said that a sensible immigration policy is one that, among other things "doesn't waste money on a nonsensical fence that won't stop anyone from crossing." I've decided he's right. And I have an alternative proposal.

I like to make note of the fact that I have never had anything against Presbyterians, and now even less.

No comments: