Thursday, November 24, 2005

Giving Thanks
Well, I can't buck the blogger tradition and ignore the fact that it's a holiday, so here's my Thanksgiving post.

First, I want to reiterate all of the things I said last year: we, as a nation, have a lot to be thankful for. We are truly blessed to be Americans, and must never forget how lucky we are. Once again, I invite you to visit a charity of your choice (again recommending Heifer International) and give a little something for people who aren't lucky enough to be Americans.

Also remember those less fortunate Americans who cannot enjoy today as a day of rest with family and friends.

And by reflecting on those less fortunate than we, let us give thanks for the things with which God has graced us. Personally, I'm most thankful for the fact that I have a loving family, a spectacular girlfriend, a great job, a beautiful house on the beach (rent, not own), and a remarkably intelligent constituency (after all, they did vote for me).

Seriously, I'm truly blessed, and I know I'll never be able to express how thankful I am for all that I have.

On a different note: I'm sorry I've been absent for the past week. I needed a bit of a break from the usual daily blogging, and I took it. I'd had enough of arguing about why we went to war in Iraq, instead of figuring out how to win now that we're there; I'd had enough of the "Bush lied" bullshit; I'd had enough of the press manufacturing news about a Congressman's speech that was nearly identical to what he's been saying for two years; in short, I'd had enough of politics generally. I'm still a bit fed up, but the rest has done me good. I'm going to post sporadically over the weekend, and then I'll be back on Monday in as much full force as my work schedule allows.

For those that care, I was sworn into public office on Monday night in a great little ceremony at one of the town's middle schools—and my first meeting is Monday night, where committees and chairmanships are assigned. Everyone cross your fingers that a few Democrats don't show up—they have a 26-to-24 majority, and if two don't show up, we can snag some committee chairmanships.

2 comments:

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks for the great post.

Irina Tsukerman said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Good lugging with the Great Monday Snagging!