Monday, August 15, 2005

What's happening to me?
First I find myself attacked from the right, and now it seems that I agree with Louis Farrakhan. What's wrong with this picture?

UPDATE [8/16/2005 - 18:31]: Something is wrong in the world. As mentioned above, my right-wing credentials are apparently in danger of being revoked. Now, it seems The Man is also coming under fire from a reader accusing him of liberalism. Is this some sort of coordinated attack against conservatism? An attempt to confuse us into liberalism?

Whether it is or not, The Man is holding strong:

After the initial shock wore off, I checked to see if I was indeed (yuck) 'a liberal'. Let's see, I voted for Dole, Bush, and Bush again (I even woke up early to cast a worthless vote for Bush in NYC). I have a picture of myself meeting George H.W. Bush. I was a member of the Williamson County (TN) Young Republicans. I volunteered at the RNC when it came to town. I created a blog called GOP and the City, before that I posted on MightyRighty and now I also post on Urban Elephants. I own a book titled, Handbook of the VRWC. Back in Tennessee I marched against the income tax. Recently, in a fundraising scheme, the GOP sent me a 'membership card', so I'm literally a card-carrying Republican. I have a job and pay taxes, support the troops, take showers, and go to church. To be any more more republican I would need to be rich.
OK, I suppose that makes it my turn.

While I don't reveal specific votes, I can assure you that the vast majority of votes case in my 3 years of eligibility have been for Republican candidates. Before I could vote I got up at 4:30 AM on Election Day to campaign to commuters at my local train station (from which I now commute). I have autographed pictures of the three times that I met George W. Bush in the White House. I am a member of the Fairfield County Young Republicans. I was a member of the Yale College Republicans. I campaigned for W in New Hampshire the weekend before Election Day 2004. I volunteered at the RNC when it was in NYC. I am a member of my town Republican Town Committee (the leadership committee for the town party). I created a blog called Running for the Right, and I occasionally post on Urban Elephants. I also own a book titled, "Handbook of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy." Recently, in several fundraising schemes, the GOP has sent me several 'membership cards,' so I'm literally a card-carrying Republican. I have a job and pay taxes in two different states, support the troops, take showers, and go to church. I am a white male. To be any more Republican, I would need to be rich—and if I have anything to say about it, I will be.

The Man invited his readers to comment on whether or not he should be considered a liberal. I invite you to do the same here.

1 comment:

The Man said...

Republican!