Thursday, April 07, 2005

You've got to be kidding me
Normally I'd be complaining that somebody considers this kind of thing news. In this case, however, this is news:

"My beloved blue, furry monster -- who sang 'C is for cookie, that's good enough for me' -- is now advocating eating healthy. There's even a new song -- 'A Cookie Is a Sometimes Food,' where Cookie Monster learns there are 'anytime' foods and 'sometimes' foods."
I have to agree with this journalist's take on things:
"'Sacrilege!' I cried. 'That's akin to Oscar the Grouch being nice and clean.' (Co-workers gave me strange looks. But I didn't care.)"
As someone whose longtime nickname is Cookie, this makes me very, very sad.

2 comments:

one-dimensional man said...

I'm with you on this one.

It makes me sick to watch people constantly blaming television for their problems.

If your child has an obesity problem, maybe, just maaayyyybe, their parents might want to start PAYING ATTENTIION TO THE KID'S DIET. Might help.

Irina Tsukerman said...

WHY does everything have to be a morality play?!