Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Umm... Losers like me?
Instapundit.com: "I'm wondering about all this coverage -- who's still up watching it? I have to be; it's my job to watch it. But are ordinary citizens still awake right now?"

Why can't I go to bed... haven't I had enough yet?

The answer, of course, is no. All day I've been hearing people say they're just glad the election is over. I, on the other hand, don't really care. I've really enjoyed this election, and I'm looking forward to the politics that lie ahead of us. It's an interesting time to be alive; it's an interesting time to be a young conservative.

Everyone seems to be saying that the young did not turn out today. I have to say, I disagree. As I've been positing all along, I think that this nation's youth are significantly more conservative than the national media gives them credit, and that the high turnout numbers were bolstered by their votes.

I enjoy my role in that demographic, and I look forward to our increasing influence on national politics. Maybe we can force the President into cutting spending.

At the very least, I have a lot of entertainment from frustrated and depressed liberals ahead of me.

No comments: