Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Today's The Day
It's finally here: Election Day. Today is the day we find out who will lead our country through the next four years. OK, yes, I know I'm kidding myself -- we clearly won't know until at least tomorrow, possibly, as George F. Will recently posited [author's note: can't find a link to the article online at the moment, I'll do my best to get one up later in the day], not even until May. This, assumes, of course, that my prediction is off, and we don't have a landslide winner. I'll admit, my prediction probably is off, strongly in favor of Bush. If so, oh well.

Anyway, make sure you get out and vote today, especially if you're supporting W's reelection. And remember, if you have a problem at the polls, and a volunteer claims you are not registered, demand a provisional ballot -- it's your right by federal law.

And on a non-election related note
I'd like to thank all of my regular readers for making October my most successful month yet, by far. I had over 1,700 visits, and about 2,300 page views. My previous visit record was about 950, back in April and May of this year.

So, thank you, dear readers, for your continued support. Particular thanks to those of you with your own blogs who've found me worthy of a blogrolling. And, as always, if you have questions or comments, you can post them via any comment link on the site, or email me. And if you think I might like your own blog, let me know by email.

Happy Election Day! I'll be working the polls, handing out palmcards all day, so blogging will be sparse, but I'll be sure to roundup my thoughts before I hit the hay tonight.

UPDATE [11/2/2004 - 5:17]: Here is the link to the George F. Will column I promised. (Via James).

1 comment:

Tanstaafl said...

I believe that this is the article you were looking for:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6262242/site/newsweek/