Monday, September 13, 2004

Superficial Dietary Reqs. Trump Legitimate Ones
Yale has made a point of satisfying the dietary desires of a very small minority of students by making organic-only foods available for consumption in every dining hall. OK, I disagree with the decision, but I can abide by it. I think it's silly and unnecessary, but I"ll make do. What I cannot make do with, however, is the fact that they make no allowance for legitimate dietary problems. I am lactose intollerant. Please inform me as to what item on tonight's menu contains no lactose (bearing in mind that cream, cheese, ranch dressing, and butter contain significant amounts of lactose - via YUDS Menu Generator):

  • Cream Of Broccoli Soup
  • Made To Order Quesadillas
  • Cheese Spread & Cuke Sandwich
  • Ranch Style Spareribs
  • Lyonnaise Potatoes
  • Golden Pound Cake

That's right, folks, I can eat the pound cake. But no worries, as long as organic food is available, everything should be fine.

No comments: