Monday, July 26, 2004

Baseball causes problems for me
As a Red Sox fan, I was obviously watching last night's game, and the repeated appearance of Kerry caused my first problem. You see, as my regular readers know, I am anything but a Kerry supporter. And yet Kerry is a Sox fan like myself, which forces me to acknowledge that he's not all bad.
Then, I get the news from The Weeky Standard that A-Rod (of hated Yankees persuasion) has contributed the maximum allowed to the Bush campaign.

Are these cosmic signs trying to tell me that I'm supposed to support Kerry? If so, of course, that's too bad.

UPDATE [7/26/2004 - 21:57]: Then again, The Weekly Standard also gives me reason to continue disliking the Senator from Massachusetts: "Kerry has long claimed allegiance to the Boston Red Sox and the New England Patriots. Yet last week, ESPN's Peter Gammons reported that, Kerry claimed to be a big fan of 'Manny Ortez.' Having fused the names of Boston's two biggest sluggers, Kerry then compounded the error by correcting himself and saying he meant 'David Ortez.' No word on what either Manny Ramirez or David Ortiz thought of the slip up."

Once again, we see that he is a total phoney.

No comments: