Sunday, June 06, 2004

What I wish they could provide
So I went to church today (quick reminder: today is the 60th anniversary of D-Day, and the day after the death of President Reagan), in need of a sermon. There are some terrible things going on in the world, and it is the anniversary of the beginning of the defeat of one of the worst in history, and the day after the death of a man who contributed distinctly to the defeat of another. I needed my priest to comfort me, to remind me that there are still good people in the world, and to... I don't know, I just needed him to talk to me, to let me know that the world is and will be ok. I needed to hear something about the great conflict with evil we now face.

But you see, there were two problems with that: 1)My brother and I established at Christmas that our priest does not believe there is evil in the world, and B)(sic) Today was what my church calls the monthy "youth and family Sunday," which means that instead of a real sermon, they give a stupid little "let's talk down to the little kids" sermon. So, I've decided to take a stab at writing my own. Tonight I will write, tomorrow touch up, and tomorrow night post "The Sermon I Wish I'd Heard." It will likely not touch on the appropriate scripture for today, and focus more on the events in the world. But hopefully you'll enjoy it.

So check back, and let me know what you think.

No comments: