Monday, May 03, 2004

Taegan Goddard's Political Wire: "Sen. Christopher Dodd (D-CT), 'who has spent months positioning himself so that his stature and seniority make him a major Senate force in the years ahead, was today expected to announce he is seeking re-election to a fifth term,' the Hartford Courant reports.

'His intentions come as no surprise. The suspense surrounding Dodd involves how far he can go - and where - should he win re-election.'

'Dodd has long had his eye on Washington and national leadership... The more intriguing question is will Dodd go even further and seek the presidency in 2008 or the governor's office in Connecticut.' "


He's perfect for Senate leadership. After all, he is a lying sack of ... but I won't say that here. In case you can't tell, I don't care for this particular Senator from my home state. Why? Because during the Senate's vote on the Clinton impeachment articles, he sought advice from his constituency, and even held a "townhall meeting" where the public was allowed to talk to him. The overwhelming choice of Connecticut citizens who wrote, emailed, and called him, as well as those who spoke at the town meeting was to convict and boot Clinton from office. Yet Shays voted to acquit. I don't have a problem with the vote, though I disagree with it, but I have a serious problem with declaring that you want your constituent's input on a vote, listening to it, and then voting against it. I may not dislike him as much as I dislike my Congressman (Christ Shays), but I'm certainly not a fan.

No comments: