Monday, May 10, 2004

Can't Beat Blogger Navel-Gazing
danieldrezner.com :: Daniel W. Drezner :: The political science of blogs: "Even the most intelligent 'normal' people out there have only the vaguest sense of how bloggers read the newspaper. Much like scholars, bloggers tend to think of their analytical methods as being a secret treasure, while critics think of them as the product of some kind of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Yet in contrast to scholars, bloggers are rapidly winning bigger and bigger audiences."

An interesting (to say the least) post about blogging by Daniel Drezner (the quote above is actually from an article he links to). I've run into this very fact in many of my conversations with some of my most well-educated and informed peers, who have nothing near the concept on day-to-day news that I do. I don't necessarily understand it as well as they, but I constantly know what's going on, and blogging is the biggest reason for that. By spending a few hours a day on this, I hit all of the news sites and blogs on my sidebar, and usually go significantly beyond that with click-throughs. It really is amazing the perspective I've gotten on a lot of issues from this process.

The coolest part is, as he said, that my audience is growing. I have all of you to thank for that. So thanks. And now I must sleep, as I do still have one final remaining.

No comments: