Monday, April 19, 2004

yaledailynews.com - Harvard poll shows students favor Kerry over Bush: "A poll released by Harvard's Institute of Politics last week showed college students narrowly favor Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry '66 over President George W. Bush '68." (emphasis added)

This surprises the heck out of me. I'm not surprised, of course, that Kerry is winning the hearts and minds of most college students. College campuses, with a very few, notable, exceptions are overwhelmingly liberal. Yale, obviously is not one of those exceptions. I'm used to that, and I've experienced it plenty.

What surprises me is the fact that it was a narrow advantage. Part of that is students saying they haven't made their minds up yet. Still, I would have expected Kerry to have a blow-out running at this point among college students. Apparently that's just not the case. Maybe we College Republicans are gaining dominance. Maybe the Conservative Revolution has finally caught up with the younger generations. I certainly hope so.

No comments: