Tuesday, April 06, 2004

IMAO: "For the Record I: If Kos's burnt corpse was mutilated and dragged through the street, I'd say, 'Hey! Don't do that!'
I guess as a warmongering hawk, I just have a different view on the sanctity of life."


I have purposely not commented on Kos's statement directly. I think it's a stupid thing and Lileks's comments are spot-on. But, I couldn't let this IMAO line go. Here's the thing: we're not in Iraq for oil, we're in Iraq because we're outraged at how certain Iraqis have behaved for more than the past decade. I don't give the slightest damn about who these blackwater guards were who got slaughtered and mutilated in Falujah personally. I care about what happened to them, and it fills me with rage towards their aggressors, not at the newspapers for covering the story so extensively. If it had been Kos, or even Michael Moore, I would have had the same reaction: "Attention Fallujah! We are sending some Marines in there, mess you up good. Please do as they say, and receive your bullet gracefully. If you do not comply, we will kill you anyway."

Basically, the fact that that thought process occured for Kos (the newspapers are covering this wrong) before he even considered the brutality of what had happened shows me how far off his priorities are.

UPDATE [4/6/2004]: I just read that IMAO also said: "If Ted Kennedy's burnt corpse was mutilated and dragged through the street, I'd say, "Wow! That vehicle has some torque!
Kidding.
He may be an uber-partisan, lecherous liberal who's committed vehicular homicide, but he's our uber-partisan, lecherous liberal who's committed vehicular homicide, dammit, and you evil foreigners better not burn him and mutilate his corpse if you know what's good for you (which, as history shows, you probably don't)."

Now that's comedy!

No comments: