Thursday, April 22, 2004

CNN.com - Church group slams Bush on Clean Air Act: "Monica Myers, pastor of Seattle's Northwest Christian Church, said Christians' faith should guide them on issues such as environmental pollution."

Sounds good to me. Hmmm... let's consult the old Bible. Genesis 1:28: "And God said to [man], 'Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it[...]'" Sounds good to me.

Seriously, though, I love it when these Christian groups tell me what my faith is supposed to say, and how I'm supposed to behave. I really want to know what happened to "judge not, lest ye be judged." As soon as you tell me that I'm not behaving according to some specific dictation of my faith (which I may or may not agree with), you are judging me. So back up off, and worry about your own beliefs.

No comments: