Wednesday, March 31, 2004

CNN.com - Four U.S. civilians killed in Iraq - Mar 31, 2004: "Cheering residents in Fallujah pulled charred bodies from burning vehicles and hung them from a Euphrates River bridge.
Crowds gathered around the vehicles and dragged at least one of the bodies through the streets, witnesses said.
Residents pulled another body from one of the cars and beat it with sticks.
Also in the Fallujah region, five American soldiers died in a roadside bombing near Habbaniya, the U.S. military said."


My first thoughts on hearing this news were that we have reason now to wipe Fallujah off the face of the Earth. I know that's not a tenable position, but I am outraged and saddened by these actions. I want the culprits found, and I want them killed. But I don't want them tortured, or mutilated. I want one double-tap to the back of the head, and I want to pull the trigger. Let it ring forth from the highest towers in all the world that if you attack an American civilian, you will suffer the greatest of consequences.

No comments: