Friday, February 20, 2004

rexblog: Rex Hammock's Weblog (via InstaPundit) describing a private meeting with President Bush: "He is definitely not a wonk, but he knows clearly what he believes needs to happen for the country and its eocnomy to prosper. I don't think the circular arguments regarding 'what ifs' and 'what abouts' interest him. Nor me, for that matter."

Exactly. Anyone reading this blog knows that I've done some wandering and soul-searching regarding my support for our President over the past few weeks. This blog really spoke to me because where I really fell in love with W was when I had dinner with him. I think I'd forgotten that. I'm still bothered by his big-government conservatism which he tries to play as true fiscal conservatism. I wish he'd reign in Congress a little better. I wish I didn't feel like he and his staff are botching their defense of the several very good things they have done for this country. But none of that really matters.

W is a man of conviction. You can't meet him and doubt that. He knows what he believes, and he'll stick to it. He genuinely wants the world to be a better, safer place and for Americans to have more and better opportunities. So, here it is. No one but me will know who I actually end up voting for, BUT... Running for the Right now proudly endorses George W. Bush for President of the United States.

No comments: